Thursday, November 20, 2014

Late Work Nights...





I travel daily and can tack on between 100-300 miles in a day.  

Yesterday and into last night I worked and attended a Ford Truck Club Meeting in Feasterville and was one of those 300 mile days.  Between the local clients, bridges, Jersey and working my way back into PA, it was tough!  I would like to post pictures of the buffet but after a long day on the road, I left my car charger in my car in Old Bridge, NJ when I picked up the newest demo at the store and rely on my home charging for the day... Was glad to say that my usage outweighed my battery life in a good way... No pictures to share from last night... and that would be a good thing because the buffet consisted of salad, (good salad but the dressing choice was ranch or italian, neither of which work for me so I enjoyed it plain) vegetables, (good herb buttered mixed veggies with zucchini, squash, green beans and carrots).  They had  ravioli in a sauce, (not sure which kind but had an orange tint to it and avoided it).  There was roasted chicken breast in a sauce (again, not sure but limited it). Thin sliced beef in what appeared to be an au jus and some oven roasted red new potatoes with herbs, (always a favorite!)... Rolls and butter, (which I avoid like the plague)...The rest was a ritualistic buffet blur... however, after getting through half of my dinner, I decided to split a slice of carrot cake with a friend... The cheesecake looked dry and the triple chocolate was a dose of diabetic culture shock!  The carrot cake with a combination of the coffee-urned dose of caffeine gave me just the right boost to make the last leg of 58 miles to get home! Nothing like a good caffeine and sugar induced frenzy with a LOT of loud music on the turnpike to get me through!

The glass half full part of this post is that in my absence, my husband enjoyed a rather large section of that lasagna I prepared the other night.  Just to show, we do take advantage of "Just A Little Pinch"!



Today after getting in late last night, was actually another very busy day!  Meetings all early morning, lunch with a huge potential client for a 2 hour meeting, and more meetings this afternoon!  When I got in my husband said, "You are not cooking and decided to make me some pizza... I like to make them, but will always be grateful for someone paying it forward... I am so grateful for a wonderful man!  Love you <3



No comments:

Post a Comment