Monday, November 17, 2014

Quick Mac and Beef



Today was a challenging day to be on the road...  With my full time job, I call on commercial contractors to supply them with commercial vehicles specific to their trade.  I woke up to what was very gloomy and very wet... Days like these (I found out later from my boss), are designed to research, do heavy follow up, and look for new prospects to fill my calendar from the comfort of my home where it is dry, warm and accessible to some hot chamomile tea whenever I choose.  Instead, I found myself caught in 5 torrential downpours.  Each of which completely soaked me with the exception of my new work jacket.  It was cold, wet but had some great contacts that I will do all of the above with and close.  At times, it was dangerous because you could not see where you were going and a lot of the streets were gushing with water.  You know it's wet when you comb your hair and the water runs down your back in a steady stream... Love having a brand new demo that cranks the heat up in no time flat!

When time affords me to do so, I usually take the time to create something a little more involved but on days like these... I snap into action!  So instead of starting from scratch this evening, I pulled out some 92% lean ground beef and a box of macaroni and cheese with a little help from Manwich!  This is a good stick to your ribs in a hurry mixture.  So the recipe is really quite simple...

QUICK MAC AND BEEF

1 Can Manwich
1 Lb. Lean Ground Beef (I prefer the leaner)
1 Box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (not the powder)

In a large skillet, cooked the ground beef.  Drain and add to a small saucepan.  Add the Manwich and simmer over low-medium heat covered and stirring frequently.

Prepare the macaroni and cheese according to the instructions, drain.  Add cheese and mix well.  Add the meat mixture and mix well.  Takes about 20 minutes and is good, warm and filling on a quick night when it is cold and wet. 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment