Saturday, November 15, 2014


My fun starts today... 

I am a foodie at heart!  I was raised the youngest of 5 children.  We had a VERY busy household...

In my early years, I was so busy with sports (year round), volunteering, girl scouts, school that I was rarely home when everyone ate.  Both of my parents worked and with kids being run all over the place, a ritual of family dinners was a rarity, with the exception of Sundays when my Grandparents would come out. My Grandfather was the cook in the family.  He was a Philadelphia policeman walking the beat, and washed dishes at night at The Victor Cafe. 

Where did all of my Grandfather's recipes go?  No one ever thought to learn all of his "MAGIC" or learn his way of cooking...

As I got older and found myself on my own, something that started a fire in me about food and delighting people with the reward of effort.  Effort and not "trouble" to prepare something magical that I spend the time creating, researching, costing, measuring and adapting to make the most palatable food.

As an adult professional, I found myself falling into the same rut as a LOT of us do.  We get up early, feed our kids, get dressed to look professional, pack lunches, make sure everyone brushes their teeth, run them to school or to before school care as a LOT of us did, and then bust our asses all day only to come home and think of the quickest method to get our families fed so that we could do the ritual of homework, pay bills, bathe the kids, put them to bed with books and then finally at 9:30 at night sit down with each other and say, "Wow, where did the day go".

Here's where I am going with this...don't ever spend too much time thinking about what it is you have to do in the course of the day... sit down with a good meal with your family!  The chores and everything else always find a way of getting done!  Start now... start today...  We all have different tastes and that's what this is all about!

I welcome everyone's suggestions, recommendations and thoughts, just so long as you don't completely blow my stuff out of the water, lol!

Are you ready?  It's going to be a saucy kind of day... Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the beginning of you new blog. I look forward to trying all your tasty recipes!!

    ReplyDelete