Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Provolone, Avocado Grilled Cheese and Chicken Barley Soup



Been a long day... Contemplated what I was going to do for dinner and not feeling really energetic, I opted for something quick, flavorful and easy.

I always have something in my pantry to whip together.  I always keep avocado's on hand.  Figured that I would create something to warm me inside and out.  I used two avocado's, one for each sandwich in between two piece of whole wheat bread with two slices of provolone, on the bottom and two on the top and pressed.  I simmered some Chicken Barley soup thanks to Progresso... I usually make my own soup, but did not have any in the freezer...

Tomorrow night I will be preparing for the annual Thanksgiving feast.  Although there will not be the usual crowd as some are going in different directions, our smaller table will be quite intimate and very laid back.

Sorry for the short post, but I got home later than expected.

I will have some really good recipes over the next couple of days... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment